We develop the optical techniques of imaging, sensing, manipulation, and diagnostics for biology and medicine and study new bio/medical applications enabled by our novel tools.
- Graduate students (대학원생): For 2022 Spring admission in MS, MS/PhD combined, and PhD programs, we are seeking highly motivated students interested in (1) AI (artificial intelligence), (2) computational imaging, (3) optical imaging, (4) cell biology, or (5) biophysics. We prefer candidates with a solid background in one or more of the following fields: computer science, optics, physics, biology, chemistry and engineering (EECS, BME, ME, or similar fields). 2022년 1학기 모집에서는 인공지능(딥러닝), 전산 이미징, 광학 이미징, 세포 생물학, 생물 물리 등의 연구에 관심 있는 분들을 찾습니다.
– 저희 연구실에서 할 수 있는 인공지능 분야의 연구는 다음 링크를 참조하세요: https://www.nature.com/collections/cfcdjceech/.
– 성실함과 연구에 대한 열정을 갖고 계시다면 지원해보십시오! 지원 전에 김정민 교수에게 연락하여 상담 받으시길 추천드립니다 🙂
- Postdoctoral researcher (박사후연구원: 1명 모집 중): One position available to data scientist or optical experimentalist! Ideal candidates should have at least 3 years of experience in the aforementioned fields and have a strong interest in developing advanced optical microscopy methods, including super-resolution and/or rapid volumetric imaging. 인공지능 (딥러닝) 또는 광학 이미징 연구 경험이 있고, 초고분해능 및 고속 3차원 이미징을 포함한 고등 광학 현미경 기술 개발에 관심있는 박사님을 모십니다!
- Undergraduate Interns (학부 인턴: 상시 모집 중): We welcome undergraduate and visiting students/scholars. 저희 연구실 진학에 관심이 있거나 연구실을 체험해보고 싶은 학부생은 언제든지 편하게 연락주시기 바랍니다.
- If interested in joining our lab, please email Jeongmin Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV attached.
|Sept 1, 2021||Donghoon and Hyun Seung joined our lab as grad students. Welcome! 🙂 And goodbye Jeongveen, we will miss you!|
|July 19, 2021||We receive NRF’s additional support for the Young Researcher Program (한국연구재단, 최초혁신실험실).|
|June 1, 2021||Our lab was featured in the SNU GSCST newsletter. (Link to full content)|
|May 1, 2021||Call for participation: Advances in Metaphotonics: Fundamentals and Applications in Frontiers in Nanotechnology. If you are interested to contribute, please let Jeongmin know!|
|March 2, 2021||New lab members: Minchol and Joonwoo as grad students. Welcome on board again! 🙂|
|March 2, 2021||We are receiving funding from NRF’s Young Researcher Program for 3 years (한국연구재단, 개인연구지원사업(우수신진연구)).|
|Jan 6, 2021||Our obSTORM technique was highlighted in Nature Methods’ METHODS TO WATCH!|
|Jan 4, 2021||Minchol, Joonwoo, and Yeunho joined our lab as undergraduate interns. Welcome! 🙂|
|Sep 1, 2020||Youngseop joined our lab as a graduate student. Welcome aboard! 🙂|
|Aug 21, 2020||Prof. Kim’s 9-years research proposal was selected in the Creative-Pioneering Researchers Program (창의선도 신진연구자 지원사업) from Seoul National University! We are excited to develop advanced optical microscopy methods combined with artificial intelligence.|
|June 22, 2020||Our grad school won an NCIRF fund (서울대학교 기초과학공동기기원) for “multi-functional optical imaging system”, a fluorescence microscope capable of wide-field/TIRF/STORM imaging. Our lab is leading to build/manage this shared equipment. Stay tuned for more updates in Resource!|
|May 25, 2020||We won one-year funding from NRF’s (Individual) General Research Program (한국연구재단, (개인) 기본연구).|
|April 1, 2020||The New Faculty Startup Fund was received from Seoul National University (서울대학교 신임교수 연구정착금)|
|March 1, 2020||Bioimaging and Biophotonics Lab opened at SNU GSCST!|