We develop the optical techniques of imaging, sensing, manipulation, and diagnostics for biology and medicine and study new bio/medical applications enabled by our novel tools.
- Graduate students (대학원생): For 2022 Fall admission in MS, MS/PhD combined, and PhD programs, we are seeking highly motivated students interested in (1) AI (artificial intelligence), (2) computational imaging, (3) optical imaging/measurement, (4) biology, or (5) biophysics. We prefer candidates with a solid background in one or more of the following fields: computer science, optics, physics, biology, chemistry and engineering (EECS, BME, ME, or similar fields). 2022년 2학기 모집에서는 인공지능(딥러닝), 전산 이미징, 광학 이미징/측정, 생물학, 생물 물리 등의 연구에 관심 있는 분들을 찾습니다. 성실함과 연구에 대한 열정을 갖고 계시다면 지원해보십시오! 지원 전에 김정민 교수에게 연락하셔서 상담 받는 것을 추천드립니다 🙂
– 현재 진행 중인 인공지능 관련 연구: 광학 이미징, 안과학(ophthalmology)에서 영상 분해능 및 획득 속도 개선, Image segmentation/classification 등
- Postdoctoral researcher (박사후연구원: 1명 모집 중): One position available to data scientist or optical experimentalist! Ideal candidates should have at least 3 years of experience in the aforementioned fields and have a strong interest in developing advanced optical microscopy methods, including super-resolution and/or rapid volumetric imaging. 인공지능 (딥러닝) 또는 광학 이미징 연구 경험이 있고, 초고분해능 및 고속 3차원 이미징을 포함한 고등 광학 현미경 기술 개발에 관심있는 박사님을 모십니다!
- Undergraduate Interns (학부 인턴: 상시 모집 중): We welcome undergraduate and visiting students/scholars. 저희 연구실 진학에 관심이 있거나 연구실을 체험해보고 싶은 학부생은 언제든지 편하게 연락주시기 바랍니다.
- If you are interested in joining our lab for the position(s) described above, please email Jeongmin Kim (email@example.com) with your CV attached.
|Sep 1, 2021||Donghoon and Hyun Seung joined our lab as grad students. Welcome! 🙂 And goodbye Jeongveen, we will miss you!|
|July 19, 2021||We receive NRF’s additional support for the Young Researcher Program (한국연구재단, 최초혁신실험실).|
|June 1, 2021||Our lab was featured in the SNU GSCST newsletter. (Link to full content)|
|May 1, 2021||Call for participation: Advances in Metaphotonics: Fundamentals and Applications in Frontiers in Nanotechnology. If you are interested to contribute, please let Jeongmin know!|
|March 2, 2021||New lab members: Minchol and Joonwoo as grad students. Welcome on board again! 🙂|
|March 2, 2021||We are receiving funding from NRF’s Young Researcher Program for 3 years (한국연구재단, 개인연구지원사업(우수신진연구)).|
|Jan 6, 2021||Our obSTORM technique was highlighted in Nature Methods’ METHODS TO WATCH!|
|Jan 4, 2021||Minchol, Joonwoo, and Yeunho joined our lab as undergraduate interns. Welcome! 🙂|
|Sep 1, 2020||Youngseop joined our lab as a graduate student. Welcome aboard! 🙂|
|Aug 21, 2020||Prof. Kim’s 9-years research proposal was selected in the Creative-Pioneering Researchers Program (창의선도 신진연구자 지원사업) from Seoul National University! We are excited to develop advanced optical microscopy methods combined with artificial intelligence.|
|June 22, 2020||Our grad school won an NCIRF fund (서울대학교 기초과학공동기기원) for “multi-functional optical imaging system”, a fluorescence microscope capable of wide-field/TIRF/STORM imaging. Our lab is leading to build/manage this shared equipment. Stay tuned for more updates in Resource!|
|May 25, 2020||We won one-year funding from NRF’s (Individual) General Research Program (한국연구재단, (개인) 기본연구).|
|April 1, 2020||The New Faculty Startup Fund was received from Seoul National University (서울대학교 신임교수 연구정착금)|
|March 1, 2020||Bioimaging and Biophotonics Lab opened at SNU GSCST!|